Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Irish Skeptic Scene

So I was browsing the Dublin Skeptics in the Pub page. A group that I would love to go to one of their meetups as I regularly went to Skeptics in the Pub in Vancouver during my year there and made quite a few friends through that group, In fact I doubt I'd have enjoyed my trip there half as much if I hadn't come across those meetings. Anyway I've known about the Dublin Skeptics in the Pub since before my Vancouver trip but alas, the schedule didn't really suit me then and now since I'm out of work I'm unfortunately less likely to get a chance to go to them. I might make an up and coming brunch they have organised as there isn't the social pressure and the temptation to have a few pints (a few pints often leads to more).

 Anyways I was on their Facebook page when I noticed a url skeprechauns.com, hmm ok you've intrigued me, turns out they have a podcast that I didn't even know about. As I've previously said i'm a bit of a podcast listener in my spare time and particularly like skeptic/science/tech related podcasts and here was one in my home town that I didn't even know about!, with about 15 hour long episodes so far! Well I've subscribed and am committed to listening to them all in order even if it takes me 15 days!

I will report my opinion on the first episode when I get around to listening to it. Either later this evening or I might listen to it in bed tonight as I tend to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment